The Howard County Conservancy seeks an engaged, energetic, and enthusiastic Assistant Preschool Teacher for our brand-new nature preschool. The Assistant Teacher will have the opportunity to support and contribute to a nature-based, emergent curriculum, participating in outdoor education for this first of it’s kind preschool in Howard County. A willingness to be outside in a variety of weather conditions and inspire others to become passionate about nature is a must.
Our ideal candidate has a genuine love for teaching young children, a deep personal connection to nature, and is dedicated to high quality care and learning. We are looking for an Assistant Teacher who is detail oriented, organized, and highly relational. The Assistant Teacher must take pride in participating in the nature-preschool and child-led teaching models.
The Assistant Preschool Teacher will reinforce and maintain a safe and positive learning environment that supports child developmental and foundational skills, while fostering connections between children and the natural world. This position provides support in the full-day classroom, assists in supervising children in classroom and outdoor settings, participates in family events, and conducts developmental observations.
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred Qualifications: (may complete once hired)
- Pediatric CPR and First Aid
- Basic Health and Safety training (MSDE)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in the implementation of nature-based curriculum for children ages 3-5
- Support daily lesson plans directly relating to nature-based curriculum
- Documentation of play and discovery through writing, photo/video, and artwork
- Develop and nurture partnerships with families, communicating regularly with parents
- Support a multi-cultural and inclusive learning environment
- Follow all emergency procedures and COVID-19 protocols
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in accordance with MSDE licensing and CDC guidelines
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong decision-making skills to respond to risk management, emergencies or difficult situations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and roles patiently and professionally
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A love for nature!
This position requires the ability to work outside in various weather conditions. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time. This employee will occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. This employee must frequently lift and or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Qualified candidates, please submit resume through indeed or email resume to:
Nature Preschool Director