Community Solar Outreach and Sales Advocate
- are proud of your compost pile
- prefer to figure out how to fix a problem, not who’s to blame
- are freaked out about climate change
- have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- appreciate a good debate, even with your boss
- prefer real news to fake news
- want to change the world through our business
- are David looking to slay Goliath
- aren’t afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- care more about your intelligence and values than your experience
- thrive with the uncertainty and excitement of a start-up
We’re Neighborhood Sun, a certified B-Corp, meaning we’ve met the most rigorous standards of social and environmental performance – we believe that business can be a force for good in world, which is why we’re committed to serving our customers, employees, communities, and the planet.
Community Solar Outreach and Sales Advocate
Your primary goal will be to generate excitement and leads for Maryland residents to subscribe to large, community solar projects.
- Become an expert on community solar and how it works
- Speak to community groups about community solar
- Help interested consumers walk through the enrollment process and answer questions
- Find other creative ways to publicize our community solar product
- Yes, sometimes even cold calling or door to door outreach
- Develop other ways for us to grow as a business and have a greater impact
Your success in this role will be critical to the success of the company. We need people who are capable of learning quickly, taking challenges head on, and don’t need a lot of time to ramp up.
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- Personable – not only do your customers love you, but you’re a great team player. You’re bright, energetic, and positive, and you make personal connections with ease.
- Resourceful – whether you’re spending time with our product manuals or researching potential clients and leads, you’re not afraid to put in the work to succeed. You’re creative in your approach to sales, and constantly seek new opportunities.
- Driven – You’re driven to succeed, believe in the company’s vision and goals, and dive in to make an immediate impact. You have a deep desire for success, leave no stone unturned, and are not afraid to try, fail, and try again.
Working at Neighborhood Sun
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday – you’ll work core business hours, but should be flexible to know that when you have the opportunity to close a sale, you do what needs to be done. There will also be some weekend work. We offer an attractive compensation package that includes base salary plus bonus structure, with total first year earnings of $50,000 or more. We also offer green benefits, health insurance, parking and metro coverage, as well as 15 personal days/year.
We encourage all our employees to take ownership over their roles as well as the opportunity to fail forward. We’re passionate about providing an inclusive atmosphere that let’s everyone’s voice be heard, and provides opportunities for professional and personal growth.
If you’re passionate about the planet, about serving your community, and have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you.
- Previous experience in a B2B or B2C sales role
- Experience in a customer service role
- Experience working as an organizer, campaigner, or event coordinator with an NGO, non-profit, or political party
- Prior experience in green energy is an asset
- Experience working for a start-up is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel locally on a daily basis
- A university degree or college diploma is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.