Part-Time Community Solar Sales Associate
Work from home and earn extra income while helping make Maryland a cleaner, greener place. Join a dynamic, mission-focused community solar start-up that is bringing solar to everyone! We’re looking for energetic, organized people who are extremely articulate and persistent. It’s a chance to be part of a new venture poised for rapid growth.
This position is focused on sales of community solar subscriptions to residents in Maryland and the District of Columbia. This is an ideal gig for full time students, stay at home parents, or FT employees that want to get a foot in the door of a new exciting energy market.
- Conduct phone appointments to answer prospect questions and secure subscriptions to our projects.
- Generate new leads for community solar projects through your own networks.
- Support full time sales associates as needed.
- Utilize webinars and other methods to generate leads through educational and promotional presentations.
- Participate in company meetings as appropriate (preferably in person, but remotely also possible).
MUST HAVE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Excellent people skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely organized.
- Previous sales, marketing, or communication experience preferred.
- Passion about the environment or clean energy also preferred.
- Willing to fail (and learn).
- Either introverted or extroverted, it doesn’t matter!
- Honest, ethical and loyal.
- Quirky or “unique” people are encouraged to apply. ?
- Knowledgeable about the Maryland market a plus.
- Work about ten (10) hours a week.
- Compensation is hourly base plus bonus for sales.
- Expected total compensation is about $18-$20 per hour.
Neighborhood Sun is committed to being inclusive. Everyone with the skills, experience and attitude right for this position is strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please use the positions in the subject header of the email, followed by your name. For example, ” Part-Time Community Solar Sales Associate – your name”.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD SUN
We’re your friendly clean energy social enterprise with a mission to empower neighborhoods to choose local community solar. Community, or shared solar, allows electricity consumers to purchase solar from a local project, with no need to install any equipment. We are founded by the former leader of Clean Currents, the area’s first exclusively green energy company, which brought together thousands of people, businesses and organizations to switch to wind and solar power. Our goal is to be the most trusted, transparent solar brand in the market. For us, solar is about creating strong communities. Check us out at www.neighborhoodsun.solar or @neighborhoodsun.