NeighborSpace of Baltimore County, a nonprofit land trust operating in the County’s inner-ring suburbs, seeks to hire a part-time program manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Program Manager is to work with the Executive Director and the board to build stewardship capacity across the organization’s portfolio of protected sites. To that end, the Program Manager will:
- Recruit, as necessary, and work with neighborhood volunteers to develop a common vision for programming our sites where none currently exists;
- Recruit, and access or develop training for, neighbor volunteers and other constituents who have indicated an interest in volunteering on NeighborSpace sites;
- Establish relationships with allied organizations that can serve as resources for neighborhood volunteers;
- Facilitate implementation of the management plan for each site, including prioritization of tasks and regular, periodic monitoring; and
- Assist in the development of philanthropic support for stewardship through grant-writing, organizing special events on our sites, and direct fundraising from individuals and businesses.
- Experience managing, organizing and/or recruiting volunteers
- Experience developing and/or offering volunteer training
- Experience developing partnerships with allied organizations
- Self-starter capable of working remotely and achieving results with a minimum of supervision
- Experience with grant writing and event planning preferred
- Knowledge of basic landscape maintenance practices strongly preferred
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position without benefits reporting to the Executive Director of NeighborSpace. The appropriated, 12-month salary is $23,148.
Qualified persons should submit a resume and cover letter to Barbara L. Hopkins, Esq., ASLA, Executive Director via this link. The job will remain open until filled.