Organization: Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
MAEOE is currently seeking an energetic and creative individual to join our dynamic team as Network Coordinator to the Advisory Network. This individual will facilitate and organize the Advisory Network and support the external work prioritized by the Advisory Network Team. This is a new position. The Network Coordinator will facilitate communication between the Advisory Network and PGC, and will regularly engage with the environmental literacy community and decision-makers. The Network Coordinator will work with the Advisory Network to forge a pathway for engaging decision-makers to accelerate the progress of systemic environmental literacy across the state.
The Network Coordinator will support the Advisory Network’s three internal objectives: (1) building a representative membership that values inclusivity, trust, and partnership; (2) establishing a sustainable governance structure; and (3) refining the network’s purpose and priorities over time. Additionally, the Network Coordinator will support the Advisory Network’s three external objectives: (1) establish mechanisms to influence state and local leadership to advocate the necessity of environmental literacy including providing equitable funding to school districts for systemic programs; (2) determine and address barriers to systemic, statewide integration of environmental literacy standards and climate education into school district curriculum; and (3) ensure access to training and ongoing support for preservice, in-service, and non-formal educators.
Experience with network development, the education system, advocacy, and data analysis preferred. When faced with challenges, the ideal candidate for this position provides creative problem solving skills to arrive at innovative solutions. This person also has a strong interest and capability for primary and secondary research and collaborates broadly with internal staff and stakeholders, the community, representatives of other networks, and people from organizations with common conservation goals.
The Network Coordinator will report to the MAEOE Executive Director but will be responsible to the leadership of the Advisory Network.
- Oversee Advisory Network logistics, evaluation, and reporting
- Build key partnerships with new and established stakeholders (network development)
- Manage the strategic planning process
- Facilitate and organize workshops and make presentations (virtual and in-person, when allowed)
- Promote statewide environmental literacy through effective communication and advocacy
- Develop communication and marketing materials
- Work with the Advisory Network to identify and develop fundings sources, including grants and fundraising
- Ensure collaboration between PGC, the Advisory Network, and other key state networks
- Contribute to project monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Meet the goals outlined in Advisory Network strategy and logic model
- Work towards the strategic success of the Advisory Network vision
- 20% of time supporting MAEOE priorities
- 3+ years of experience in program development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience required
- Preferred background in environmental education programming and/or education
- Experience with network development, strategic planning, data collection, and communication
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain effective collaborations and partnerships
- Innovative thinker with strong initiative and demonstrated flexibility, able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Experience facilitating workshops and meetings
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems
- Ability to constructively challenge ideas and processes
- Excellent communication skills—oral, written, and public speaking
Salary $55,000 a year, + fringe including retirement and health benefits
MAEOE and grant-funded project alignment:
MAEOE will align outputs from the Advisory Network and Project Green Classrooms including communications, use of the network, and shared resources. The project will also be aligned with state and regional initiatives; including the Chesapeake Bay Program, NOAA BWET, and other programs as appropriate.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.