Position Announcement: Part-time Office Administrator
NeighborSpace works to enhance the livability of communities inside Baltimore County’s Urban Rural Demarcation Line (URDL), by protecting and improving land with small parks, gardens, trails, and natural areas. In this densely populated place, where 90% of the County’s population lives on just 1/3 of the County’s total land area, we seek to promote health & well-being, buffer local streams from polluted run-off, and to enhance the value of homes and businesses. With the help of many supporters in the community and in government, NeighborSpace has protected 21 properties valued at over $2.8 million and contributing 100 acres toward open space within the URDL to date.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Office Administrator is to work with the Executive Director and the Program Manager to keep the organization running smoothly. To that end, the Office Administrator will help to:
- Schedule meetings and conference calls;
- Respond to inquiries;
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions in Quickbooks;
- Maintain policy and procedure manuals;
- Maintain and manage various web calendars;
- Manage our Salesforce database for fundraising, communications, and stewardship;
- Assist with editing our WordPress website;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special events;
- Support the preparation and distribution of newsletters, annual reports, and mailings;
- Provide such other support as the Executive Director may request from time to time.
- Self-starter capable of independent thinking, working remotely, and achieving results with a minimum of supervision;
- Aptitude for and interest in learning new software (knowledge of G Suite, Evernote, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Nozbe, Quickbooks, QGIS, and/or WordPress a plus, but we will train);
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred but not required;
- Commitment to our nonprofit mission;
- Experience and/or knowledge relevant to running a nonprofit environmental organization a plus.
This is a part-time, 15-hour per week position without benefits reporting to the Executive Director of NeighborSpace. The successful applicant will work predominantly from home. Some travel for team meetings, errands, and special events (inside the URDL, described above) may be required occasionally and will be reimbursed. The rate of pay is $21 per hour. The job will remain open until filled. Interested and qualified persons may apply by uploading a resume and cover letter addressed to Barbara L. Hopkins, Esq., ASLA, Executive Director, at https://bit.ly/OfficeAdminNS