The Wicomico Environmental Trust (WET) is looking for a part-time office administrator, approximately 20 hours/week, with a flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely as well as in our office at Pemberton Historical Park in Salisbury, Maryland.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary goal of the part-time Office Administrator is to manage WET’s office and grants, and to provide support to the staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
The Office Administrator:
- Enters financial transactions into QuickBooks, maintains documentation of all grant-related expenses, generates financial reports (balance sheets, P&L, YTD vs. budget, etc.), and designs and produces other reports from QuickBooks as needed.
- Enters donor, volunteer, and other contact information and details about donations, volunteer service, attendance at events, and campaigns into the DonorPerfect database; generates and sends thank-you letters to donors and volunteers; generates reports on campaigns, events, and volunteer service; and generates and sends tax information letters to donors.
- Compiles and summarizes data for reports to the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, other committees, and granting agencies.
- Forecasts and analyzes upcoming office needs and takes action to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Assists with administrative and logistical tasks related to fundraising and outreach campaigns and events.
- Takes minutes at committee meetings and Board meetings as requested; drafts correspondence; receives telephone calls and visitors; reads, and distributes incoming correspondence; prepares checks; proofreads outgoing correspondence; reviews records for completeness and accuracy; and prepares and maintains statistical and numerical reports and records.
- Assists with website updating and maintenance.
- Maintains organized and streamlined organizational files, both electronic and paper.
- Sets up, hosts, and troubleshoots online meetings and webinars, and manages recordings of meetings and webinars.
This position requires use of various social media platforms and word processing, database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software applications to prepare reports, charts, graphs, slides, and other documents.
Minimum Qualifications / Qualifications and Experience
- Prior professional experience in office administration with knowledge of accounts payable and receivable processes, tracking grant and other expenses, and tracking donations.
- Meticulously well organized and with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Professional experience in the administration of or reporting for grants.
- Interest in environmental issues affecting the State of Maryland, including Wicomico County and the Eastern Shore.
- Experience in programs for bookkeeping (QuickBooks), donor relations management (DonorPerfect), telecommunications (Zoom), and the Office Suite.
Salary and Benefits
The half-time salary will be $20,000 per year. The position is with a small but energetic and active nonprofit with growth potential. The position provides flexible hours and a combination of in-office and remote work opportunities. The office is in a hub of environmental organizations working cooperatively throughout the Lower Eastern Shore, located on the Wicomico River in a beautiful, wooded park and historical site with opportunities for walking, birding, picnicking, and the like.
How to Apply / Application Timeframe
Email cover letter and résumé to Madeleine@wicomicoenvironment.org. The search committee will review applications beginning April 4, 2022, and will continue to consider new applications until the position is filled.
Mission of the Wicomico Environmental Trust
The Wicomico Environmental Trust champions a healthy environment for all.
The Wicomico Environmental Trust welcomes applicants who reflect the vibrant diversity of our community. WET is an equal opportunity employer.