The Office Manager is an integral part of the Administration Department and performs a variety of tasks across the organization in support of our mission to restore, enhance, and protect the tree canopy of Washington, DC. These responsibilities include: managing and maintaining the office premises, equipment, systems and procedures, and; providing support to the Executive Director, the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Manager and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly organized individual. The candidate should be friendly, outgoing, diplomatic, and flexible, with great communication and technology skills.
Compensation and Benefits: $70,000- $80,000 annually with competitive benefits upon hire, including employer paid premiums for health, dental, vision insurance for employees, paid sick, vacation and holiday time and a 403(b) match after 6 months.
The following essential functions are representative for the Office Manager – including but not limited to:
- Manages the organization’s building and IT infrastructure by working with and managing service contractors, including IT contractor, custodial contractor, and other service providers
- Manages the Building Maintenance Technician (fulltime employee)
- Assists with managing calendar, events, travel, and general support for Executive Director
- Provides direct and indirect support for Board of Directors and its committees, including meeting preparation, set up, note taking, and follow-up
- Provides general support to Casey Trees’ program directors and other staff as required to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of Casey Trees’ programs and activities
- Responds to routine IT requests, manages IT inventory and IT budgeting, and facilitates solutions to IT issues in partnership with the IT contractor
- Contributes to insurance renewals and claims and government registrations
- Manages the orgainization’s fleet of 15 vehicles, including insurance, maintenance, and registration
- Orders supplies office and kitchen supplies and coordinates purchasing for program departments
- Monitors office premises and responds to security issues when they arise; creates and trains staff on safety protocols and emergency plans
- Maintains non-IT office equipment including copiers and phone system
- Handles general phone inquiries and greets visitors
- Coordinates meetings, events and out of town travel arrangements including to Casey Tree Farm
- Connects people to trees
The incumbent manages the Building Maintenance Technician.
Work is conducted primarily in an office setting.
- While this is primarily a desk job, all CT employees may engage in tree planting/related activities in outdoor environments, year-round in the heat, cold and inclement weather and must have suitable clothing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt position, 40 hours a week. While this is primarily a Monday- Friday 9am-5pm position, there will be rare occasions where the incumbent may work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Travel is primarily local in DC, MD, and VA, although some out of the area travel and overnights may be expected.
- Five or more years demonstrated success managing an office and providing executive and board support
- Professional demeanor, superior written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Creativity, flexibility, diplomacy, and positive spirit a must
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to establish, track and meet deadlines, often under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and Adobe, and ability to learn new programs required
To apply: apply directly at this link: Office Manager .