We now have an opening to join the team at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary as our Part Time Office Manager.
LOCATION: Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Road, Lothian MD 20711
OPEN PERIOD: Monday October 17 – November 30, 2022 or Until Filled
BASE SALARY: $18.50 / hr (Non-negotiable)
POSITION INFORMATION: Part-Time (28 hrs/week)
WORK SCHEDULE: Wednesday, Half-Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (occasional Sundays)
- Conduct general office duties: greet and orient visitors to the park, answer phones and emails, collect park admission fee, maintain supplies of maps, brochures, etc.
- Purchase environmentally friendly office supplies and other supplies and equipment as needed.
- Manage and submit reports for credit card, petty cash, and cash register in a timely manner.
- Pay monthly bills and make bank deposits.
- Process weekly payroll/time cards for Sanctuary staff.
- Track the Sanctuary’s budget, including purchases, expenses, etc.
- Track monthly public visitation and generate related reports.
- Conduct and reconcile annual inventory of Sanctuary equipment.
- Coordinate facility rentals, special events, and other contracts with outside organizations.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Train and manage office volunteers. Maintain consistent office coverage and opening and closing of park gates.
- Assist with Sanctuary special events and programs.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or two years related experience.
- Strong customer service, communication, and writing skills.
- Two years of experience on budget management.
- Proven office management, administrative, and/or accounting experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to stay on task with multiple interruptions.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Google suite products, and other computer skills.
- Physically able to assist with setting up for special programs and events.
- A demonstrated passion and commitment for the natural world is a must!
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Please send a cover letter and your resume, along with the names and contact information for three professional references to: Patricia Delgado (Park Superintendent) at email@example.com