Operations Manager | Annapolis, Maryland
The Severn River Association (SRA) is hiring an experienced Operations Manager who is a self-starter, detail oriented team player who can support an effective working environment for an entire team. The Operations Manager works closely with the Executive Director and staff and has administrative, financial, human resources and office management responsibilities as follows:
The SRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit laser focused on improving the health of the Severn River. After 105 years as an all volunteer organization, SRA hired their first paid staff member in 2017 and as a result has seen material improvements in river protection and restoration. In 2021 a comprehensive strategic roadmap was developed including a vision for A Thriving Severn River by 2050 and a mission to Engage the people who live, work and play on the Severn River to restore and protect it for all of our communities. The plan is for an increase to four (4) paid staff in 2022.
About the Role:
Reports to the Executive Director and has the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and work to continuously improve the internal operating systems, processes, controls, and policies;
- Coordinate with Executive Director & outside accountant to maintain bookkeeping systems, bank accounts, and financial records, including processing invoices, preparing budgets and producing financial reports;
- Support organization’s human resources (HR). Process staff performance management records, professional development records, and expense reports. Administer staff benefits package. Manage position recruitment, staff on-boarding and exit protocols;
- Train and assist staff with most efficient use of IT tools;
- Assist with Staff & Board meeting scheduling and organization including collecting, preparing, and distributing meeting documents/presentations;
- Support the Development team with revenue reconciliation, data and gift entry, gift acknowledgement process, and fundraising mailings and events;
- Assist with communications including newsletter, website, social media and presentations;
- Assist with grant submissions and grant management
- Assist the Executive Director with executive office functions and general administrative duties;
- Oversee facilities management including landlord relationship, utilities, office equipment and supplies, etc.
- Assist with volunteer coordination and events
- 3+ years experience in operations management;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/ time-management skills;
- Experience with bookkeeping, budgets, and financial management systems, preferably Quickbooks;
- Friendly, warm, and engaged demeanor on the phone and in person;
- Working knowledge of Google’s Workspace (formerly G Suite) products and financial and donor database operation and management experience. Little Green Light fundraising software expertise is a plus.
- Grant writing & management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and problem-solver;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about environmental issues, and committed to a thriving Severn River.
The SRA provides competitive compensation and benefits. A starting salary of $50k – $70k and two weeks of paid vacation, are both negotiable based on experience. Benefits include: Health insurance and a retirement plan.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 18, 2022. Please send electronic copies ONLY. Hard copies will not be considered. Questions: Please contact Jesse Iliff at (410) 693-2324. All applicants and information received will be held in confidence. SRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.