JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Coastal Resource Program Manager
Job Type: Full time
The Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a non-profit that provides integrated, multidisciplinary science based solutions to advance oyster restoration, oyster aquaculture, and the sustainable management of oysters and other fishery stocks. ORP has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Coastal Resource Program Manager in Annapolis, MD. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the field of marine science and program administration. He or she will work with an existing team of scientists and restoration practitioners currently managing a wide range of multidisciplinary projects and programs. The successful candidate will take a leadership role in ORP’s coastal and fisheries monitoring programs, be responsible for program development and direction, personnel supervision, program management, contract management, project oversight and implementation, coordination with state and federal agencies and municipalities and effective communication to multiple constituent groups. The incumbent will be self-motivated, self- directed, and possess the ability to make sound project and business decisions. The position requires strong leadership, strategic/critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Locating, coordinating and working on vessels of opportunity.
- Program development.
- Serving as manager and a senior scientist in support of applied marine science and fisheries programs with varying technical objectives.
- Developing and managing staff and sub-contractual resources to accomplish annual work and study plans.
- Directing subcontracted services and managing project budgets.
- Leading teams of scientists on marine/resource assessment projects including large-scale resource assessments, water quality studies, and fishery management enhancement projects.
- Managing and coordinating the delivery of spatial data collected from marine systems.
- Oceanography, or related discipline.
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience at the supervisory level managing projects and staff resources.
- Background and demonstrable capabilities with GIS, conventional databases and geodatabases.
- Intermediate to advanced user of GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS).
- Coordinating data collection tasks, data management and quality control and assurance objectives.
- Expertise in statistical analysis of datasets.
- Experience working onboard a variety of boats/ships, plus direct experience operating small craft ranging from 12-30 feet in length within estuarine waterbodies.
- Minimum of a M.S. degree in Marine Science (biology, fisheries, ecology, or estuarine focus),
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skill.
Position Status and Benefits:
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. The primary duty station for this position is Annapolis, Maryland. Regular in-state travel to meetings and project locations is required.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Job Opening_ Coastal Resource Program Manager No phone calls please
Resumes will be accepted until September 14th, 2018.