(PA, MD, DC) 100% Renewable Energy Organizing Fellowship
October 20, 2019
Students are often at the forefront of movements to build a better future for our country. Whether or not those students make real progress depends on whether they are organized, have the skills to be effective and a strategic plan to get things done. The Student PIRGs have been working for over 40 years to amplify the power of student activism, and help students make real change, right now. We all want to live meaningful lives and have a future that’s greener and healthier. By recruiting, training and working alongside student activists on campaigns that get results, our organizers are helping to build that future today. Our chapters on 35 campuses provide the training, professional support and resources students need to tackle climate change, protect public health, revitalize our democracy, feed the hungry and more.
What you’ll do:
Our Organizers provide students the training and resources needed to become movement leaders by recruiting volunteers, training potential leaders to take on more responsibility and doing campaign work themselves.
- Inspiring and recruiting hundreds of students to take action on important issues.
- Training students to be effective social change leaders so they can run strategic campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days.
- Building a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus by fundraising, building relationships with key players on campus, and building our brand.
- Building relationships with other student groups, faculty, and administrators.
- Working alongside students to win real reforms for the public.
- Running a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues.
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental, public interest and/or student issues, as well as a track record of leadership. We’re looking for goal-driven and results-oriented individuals who have excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for the work.
Pay & Benefits:
The target annual compensation for this position is $27,500 in the first year. Each of the groups that partner with the Student PIRGs offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, North Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland and Washington.
Apply today at https://jobs.studentpirgs.org/apply.html?utm_source=Chesapeake-Network&utm_medium=web-ad&utm_campaign=STPfall2019&utm_term=28&utm_content=C1. We are hiring for positions starting in August 2020. Immediate positions also available.
The Student PIRGs are part of The Public Interest Network—a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Please visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
Each of the groups that partner with the Student PIRGs is an equal opportunity employer & will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: the Student PIRGs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.