Part-time Grant Writer Up to 20 hours per week (temp to hire)
Job Description – The successful candidate will:
- Develop grant proposals and reports, gather supporting documentation, well researched, well-written, well-documented, with a well-developed budget.
- Manage grants calendar, tracking active grant deadlines as well as new proposal cycles ensuring timely submission of reports, meeting all agency guidelines/requirements, and complying with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of all submitted grant proposals
- Communicate continually with nonprofit staff to gather applicable program and organizational information to write and submit proposals. Some templates are available.
- Assist with annual fundraising event or individual donor campaigns
- Work successfully within Fluxx Grantseeker Management System
- Interest in environmental conservation and environmental justice advocacy
- 3-5 years of successful grant writing experience
- Able to work remote or in person
- Compensation range: $20-$30/hr based on experience.
- Flexible – This can be a contract or part time position with potential to extending to full time position
- Spanish-English bilingual candidate encouraged to apply
ecoLatinos is a nonprofit organization committed to social and environmental justice. We work to empower Latinos in the pursuit of social and environmental justice through engagement, education, and activism. We support nonprofit, private, and public organizations creating connections for equitable environmental stewardship. We are a small nonprofit in a period of growth and increasing grant revenue is very important.
Why Work here?
We are a young and thriving nonprofit organization in the DC metropolitan area. We are driven, creative and passionate for an inclusive environmental movement. Our creative approach is making an impact in the community and the conservation of our natural resources.
Please send resume with a cover letter and writing sample to ruby@ecoLatinos.org
Position open to start immediately. Application closes February 18, 2022