Part-time Outdoor Program Coordinator- The Natural History Society of Maryland
August 1, 2019
The Natural History Society of Maryland (NHSM) is looking for an Outdoor Program Coordinator to organize, schedule, and advertise their outdoor programs. The ideal person for this position will have good organizational skills, love interacting with people, and have a strong desire to connect people to the natural world. He/she will have good computer skills and provide their own laptop.
Pay is $15.00 an hour.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Plan the year’s outdoor programs with the programs committee.
- Communicate with experts (field trip leaders/researchers/others).
- Set dates and times for programs.
- Maintain the outdoor programs Google calendar.
- Answer emails from experts and members in a reasonable timeframe.
- Work with experts to make sure they have what they need for their field trips (i.e. waivers, sign-in sheets, etc . . .)
- Assist expert in writing program description for promotional purposes.
- Create promotional material and advertise programs on Meetups and social media platforms.
- Maintain a list of programs for each month so they can be sent to other organizations and used in NHSM email communications.
- Coordinate volunteers for programs and/or work with field trip assistant to ensure all field trips run smoothly.
- Work approximately 16 hours a week.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Work mainly from home but will be required to meet once a week for 2-4 hours for planning sessions.
- Graphic design or marketing background (preferred but not required)
Please send resume to Emily at email@example.com.