Part Time Virtual Educator – Alice Ferguson Foundation
|JOB TITLE: Environmental Educator|
|FULL TIME or PART TIME: Part Time|
|REGULAR or TEMPORARY: Regular|
|REPORTS TO: Director of Programs|
|This hybrid role is responsible for facilitating virtual and on-site “field studies” for (K-12) students to promote stewardship of natural resources through standards-based lessons that embrace environmental science, issues and cultural heritage of the Potomac River watershed and national and state parks.|
● Teach students environmental education programs virtually and/or on-site using a variety of virtual teaching methods and applications. On site and virtual delivery TBD by local public school regulations and state guidelines.
● Teach, support and lead summer camp programs either in person or virtually.
● Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies, keeping them organized and in good working order.
● Perform data entry of education program surveys.
● Assist with education program administrative needs.
● Follow AFF protocols and safety guidelines for COVID-19.
● Represent AFF at meetings, networking and outreach events.
● Assist with animal care, haying, and other farm maintenance chores.
● Help with facility needs as requested.
● Participate in special events as needed including member and AFF-sponsored events.
● Participate in staff development, including staff meetings and trainings.
● Assist others as needed.
|SCOPE OF WORK|
|Work may be highly physical and active, conducted mainly outdoors in all types of weather. Must possess the ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.|
|Professional Standards of Conduct
● Exhibit teamwork and cooperation by sharing knowledge, coordinating duties with other staff, and demonstrating the willingness to assist others as needed.
● Exhibit leadership by taking initiative, mentoring and problem-solving.