Pearlstone Yibaneh Apprenticeship
Yibaneh is an eight month immersive apprenticeship abounding with learning, community living, skill building, spiritual growth, and connecting deeply to the earth.
There are two paths to develop your professional skills, as either a farmer or an outdoor educator, each providing an experience to expand and grow. We believe in creating a holistic learning experience for all of our apprentices and this program will be rooted in experiential learning and deep nature connection!
Yibaneh Educators Path:
- Receive intensive hands-on training and practice in JOFEE (Jewish outdoor food farming and environmental education) programming, Jewish wisdom and joy, supplemented by traditional educational workshops.
Yibaneh Farmers Path:
- Roll up your sleeves and get elbow deep during this comprehensive introduction to vegetable farming, animal husbandry, and perennial and orchard management. You’ll be predominantly working hands-on, supplemented by more traditional educational workshops.
ALL Yibaneh Apprentices Share:
- Housing: Enjoy in a pluralistic, Jewish, communal living experience, which promotes individual growth, healthy group dynamics, and alternative community models. Click HERE to see pictures
- Living Judaism: experience a connection to earth based Jewish ritual and practice and Jewish environmental concepts through formal and informal educational opportunities and communal celebration of Jewish rituals and holidays.
- Pearlstone Proficiency: Integrate the apprenticeship into the fabric of Pearlstone, providing apprentices with skill-building opportunities in maintenance, facilities, kitchen, and hospitality.
- Official Credentials: Complete a Permaculture Design Course and receive a Certificate
The Application Process:
- Make the life-changing choice to apply!
- Click on the application button on the right of the screen
- Fill out the application
- Wait for us to fall in love with you
Applications will close in early January, though it will be a rolling application process before then.
If you apply early you may be interviewed and accepted prior to the January close date.
Once we have closed applications we will hold the remaining interviews in mid-January, and will make our selections and notifications in February.
Interested? Questions? Contact Sarah Rovin at 410-500-5425 or firstname.lastname@example.org