Potomac Conservancy is a vibrant and growing environmental organization. We are the region’s leading clean water advocate, shaping the broader effort to ensure the Potomac River boasts clean drinking water, healthy lands, and connected communities.
We seek a part-time Gift Processing & Database Coordinator to manage our donations and database at our downtown Silver Spring office. This is a great opportunity to get a comprehensive education in nonprofit fundraising while working part-time.
This position works in the development office with responsibilities encompassing gift processing and database management and integrity. These actions support and record major gift, fundraising and stewardship efforts made by the department.
Gift (Donation) Processing
- Process donations received (via email/phone) including check pick up, recording and deposit.
- Ensure donor records are accurately tracked in the database.
- Maintain filing for gift processing.
- Manage donation acknowledgment system.
- Prepare and disseminate reports from database.
High school diploma or equivalent in education, training, or experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of finance or accounting experience, showing progressive responsibilities.
- High-level proficiency with MS Office programs including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Aptitude for learning new databases.
- Hands-on experience with database management and data entry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- The ability to analyze a problem and formulate a logical solution is fundamentally important.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Minimal 2-year commitment
Work hours per week: 10-15 with flexible days and times
To Apply: The deadline for applications is March 20, 2018. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Potomac Conservancy is an equal-opportunity employer.