Founded in 1985, The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE) is a non-profit whose mission encourages, engages, and empowers the community to understand, responsibly use, and promote the natural world. MAEOE flagship programs, such as the Maryland Green Schools program, align with Maryland’s educational standards including Environmental Literacy and NGSS. MAEOE programming incorporates art integration and STEM to strengthen student engagement and encourage access to nature.
MAEOE is currently seeking an energetic and creative individual to join our dynamic team as a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant plays a key role in MAEOE. This individual will deliver and support programs including Maryland Green Schools and Green Centers, Project Learning Tree, and related operations and training. The Program Assistant will support administrative tasks including but not limited to social media, communications, data collection, and event planning, as well as creating resources for Green Schools and partner organizations. The Program Assistant will also participate in virtual and in-person training preparation, delivery, and evaluation.
The Program Assistant will report directly to the MAEOE Program Coordinator as a key member of a small and growing team. Candidates should have experience in environmental/outdoor education which can include college course work, internships, or delivery of programs. Experience communicating with adults in a variety of settings is essential. We seek someone who is detail-oriented and is experienced with Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Contribute to the development of programs by collaborating with MAEOE staff
- Participate in the preparation for and delivery of virtual and in-person trainings and events
- Manage member and participant information for MAEOE programs, webinars, and workshops
- Communicate with the MAEOE network and beyond about programs and initiatives
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials for MAEOE and MAEOE programming
- Recruit participants for MAEOE events
- Evaluate data from MAEOE programs and provide insight for improvement
- Use a content management system (CMS) to update website content
- Use event management software to manage event registration
- Conduct research for program and grant development
- Work with the Program Coordinator to meet the goals outlined in MAEOE’s strategic plan
- Work towards the strategic success of the MAEOE mission
- 2+ years of experience in environmental/outdoor education, program development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience required
- Demonstrated experience delivering, supporting, and building multiple projects with positive outcomes for participants
- An innovative thinker with strong initiative and demonstrated flexibility in the workplace
- Able to analyze complex issues and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with adults and/or training and facilitating workshops
- Experience creating social media posts for program events and announcements
- Excellent communication skills—oral, written, and public speaking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with MD Green schools or MAEOE Conference is encouraged but not required
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date Friday, April 9, 2020 @ 5pm.
MAEOE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, veteran status, and status as an individual with a disability. MAEOE believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.