Location: Within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, preferably near the DC Metro Area
Organizational Overview: Earth Force is a national organization dedicated to expanding the engagement of young people in civic decision making to address environmental issues. Members of our team pride themselves on our commitment to that mission. Earth Force strives to create a workspace that is reflective, creative, responsive, and collaborative. Successful team members are those who set high standards for themselves, are comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback, and are willing to support other team members.
Position Overview: The Program Manager is a leader who recognizes the importance of civic skills and youth voice as essential elements of developing an environmentally aware and civically engaged person. This position is responsible for:
● Conducting educator training and ongoing professional support;
● Recruiting educators to participate in Earth Force programs;
● Identifying and connecting educators with experts and content resources on environmental topics to support the implementation of the program;
● Supporting and expanding existing relationships with schools, institutions, program partners, and organizations that conduct or provide expertise to Earth Force programs;
● Managing Earth Force Challenges including:
○ Promoting Caring For our Watersheds (CFW) to educators throughout the Chesapeake Bay Watershed;
○ Serving as the primary contact for sponsor (Nutrien) concerning the CFW effort;
○ Supporting students/educators as they develop proposals to submit to CFW;
○ Representing Earth Force on the Student Environmental Action Showcase planning committee;
○ Securing judges and managing the judging process for CFW;
○ Reaching out to organizations across the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to solicit their participation in CFW; and
○ Managing the CFW database.
● Supporting special events through planning, facilitation, and resource development; and
● Other duties as needed.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com