Audubon Society of Northern Virginia (ASNV) is one of the leading environmental organizations in the region with more than 4,500 members. We specialize in birds, wildlife, native plants, and the diverse human communities in which they exist. We have activities and programs in adult education, citizen science, conservation, and advocacy. We are looking for a full-time program manager to lead day-to-day operations of ASNV in coordination with our board of directors, part-time Program Assistant, and large cadre of volunteers.
The program manager will:
– Coordinate with and provide support to the board of directors and committees
– Develop and provide support for adult classes, programs, and quarterly membership meetings
– Develop and nurture relationships with local and regional environmental organizations
– Work to engage the full range of diverse Northern Virginia communities in ASNV’s activities
– Coordinate with the communications team to facilitate publication of the monthly newsletter and updates to the website, and write frequent social media posts
– Provide support for fundraising campaigns and the annual report to the membership
– Coordinate with the part-time Program Assistant and volunteer Treasurer on bill payments and compensation for instructors and speakers
– Together with the Program Assistant, monitor mail, email and voice mail and answer or forward messages for resolution
The applicant should have:
– Commitment to and love for the environment
– At least an undergraduate college degree or comparable work experience
– An ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help
– Strong written and oral communications skills, including with social media
The employee may work remotely or at the office in Reston, but if working remotely will travel to the office at least once per week.
Work includes some weekend time and some evening time to support programs and classes in coordination with volunteers.
Salary is $50-65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and a contribution to health insurance.
Please respond to President@audubonva.org with questions or with a resume and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position. All applications are due by November 24, 2021. Please include contact information for three references.
You can learn more about ASNV at http://www.audubonva.org.