EMPLOYER: Howard EcoWorks (EcoWorks) is a non-profit organization in Columbia, MD. EcoWorks’ mission is to empower communities and diverse workforces to respect and restore our natural systems for future generations.
TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Manager leads and successfully executes several programs and initiatives for our organization. They are responsible for the development and evaluation of training, education and outreach for Howard EcoWorks programs including READY, UpLift, Tree HoCo, EcoAmbassadors, Seeds of Change, Alternative Spring Break, and programming for alumni. They lead the annual Watershed Makeover event, coordinate native seed conservation programming with the public school system and supports new program and program evaluation efforts. The Program Manager leads program participant recruitment and leads volunteer recruitment, training, retention and recognition efforts. The Program Manager coordinates and supports a developing volunteer engagement program.
- Actively leads in developing and implementing programs for the organization by planning programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones
- Offer meaningful professional development opportunities and experiences for program participants to contribute towards Howard EcoWorks becoming the premier bridge to environmental industry careers.
- Support program participant management, education, training, certification, transition and outplacement efforts for participants in all programs, including support in coordinating efforts with employment and project partners and alumni relations management.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities
- Supports project and program budgeting and ensures appropriate expenditures to achieve balanced budgets
- Support other staff as needed with mentorship, training, programmatic support, project support and successful experiences for program participants
- Develops and nurtures relationships with partners
- Support the achievement and tracking of grant-related deliverables
- Coordinates activities and develops workforce opportunities to support the native seed conservation program with special education classes in the public school system
- Coordinate, lead and supervise two annual service-based volunteer events – Alternative Spring Break, and the annual Watershed Makeover event
- Fulfills other program, administrative and field duties as assigned
- B.S. or B.A. in environmental education, environmental management, or related degree
- Passion and ability to engage, coordinate, and educate the community and work crews on environmental topics and hands-on stewardship techniques in the field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, database applications and software
- Knowledge of nonprofit management
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent organizational, time management and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal vehicle for work use and reimbursement
- Salary: mid 40s
- Access to a health benefits plan after 30 days of employment
- Holidays and 120 hours of Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Professional development opportunities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is found.
TO APPLY: Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: Cover letter, resume, and names of three references with current contact information.
For More Information Contact:
Lori Lilly, Executive Director
Email: email@example.com, ph: 443-518-7666
Equal Opportunity Employer: Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority at Howard EcoWorks. EcoWorks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, age, citizenship or any other basis prohibited by law in any of its policies or programs.