The Youth Climate Institute Manager supports the growth and development of a newly established multi-state program for high school students. This position will support curriculum development, communications, logistics and recruitment efforts to grow this extracurricular program. The Manager will also build and maintain important partnerships nationwide to support the successful expansion of this program.
This position is based out of our Elkridge, MD location with some opportunity for virtual work. Salary range $60-65,000/year. Benefits include a monthly contribution toward health insurance. Dental insurance, long and short-term disability and life insurance are provided at no cost. Paid holidays and paid time off are provided along with an optional pre-tax IRA with an employer match of 3%.
– Develop strategies to support a replicable system for implementation on a regional scale.
– Plan and budget for future growth while actively managing programming.
– Manage online registration and chapter engagement portal.
– Communicate with and support chapter leaders and students across a multi-state region.
– Track metrics for reporting purposes.
– Plan and implement both in person and virtual meetings and events.
– Present at conferences and events to build program exposure.
– Create presentations, reports, flyers and other print materials.
– Create content and update website.
Education and Advocacy:
– Assist in identifying opportunities to support chapter and student engagement including recruiting partners, donors, and experts.
– Maintain and develop new content for climate and science lessons.
– Develop and deliver professional development.
– Serve as onsite educator during student events.
– Participate as an active member of the Conservancy staff team.
– Work closely with the YCI Marketing and Development Manager and Education Assistant.
– Other duties as assigned.
– BA/BS degree
– 4+ years experience in business, education or environmental sciences. Classroom teaching experience preferred.
– Proven communication ability, including providing writing samples.
– Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
– Work effectively with a variety of staff, clients and stakeholders.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Canva.
– Occasional travel and nights and weekends required.
This position is open until filled. To apply send resume and cover letter to HR Manager: talita.Lucena@howardnature.org