GreenVest seeks a full-time Program/Project Manager to work in the challenging and rewarding field of ecosystem restoration. The successful candidate would be based out of GreenVest’s Annapolis office. We are looking for an energetic and motivated candidate with knowledge and experience in ecological restoration with direct experience in stream systems preferred. Demonstrated experience successfully managing client programs and/or individual ecosystem restoration projects, while maintaining attention to detail and high standards of quality, is a must.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Minimum Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Ecology, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years professional experience for Program/Project Managers and 10+ years professional experience for Sr. Program/Project Managers.
- Direct experience managing aquatic, ecosystem restoration programs or projects with an emphasis on stream restoration preferred.
- Ability and capacity to manage sub-consultants, subcontractors, and specific project tasks (including the development of related deliverables) through completion on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing and tracking project budgets and preparing or assisting in the preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Ability to contribute toward developing mitigation proposals, as well as conceptual and final restoration plans.
- Ability to oversee staff and support and/or collaborate with senior staff in advancing GreenVest’s restoration projects.
- Effective communication, organization and technical writing skills with high standards of quality.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience identifying and assessing the feasibility of restoration sites with a preference for direct experience in riverine systems.
- Knowledge of permitting requirements (local, state and federal) for restoration projects (specific experience in Maryland a plus).
- Knowledge of state, federal or regional TMDL/MS4 compliance (Maryland or Chesapeake Bay State experience strongly preferred).
- Geomorphology training (e.g., Rosgen Level 1-4, Maryland Stream Restoration Training, or other relevant coursework or training) preferred.
- Stream and wetland functional assessment experience preferred.
- Ecosystem restoration construction oversight, including: construction cost estimating, contract administration, construction quality control, and soil erosion and sediment control inspection and compliance. Strong preference for direct experience in riverine systems.
- Post-construction monitoring, including adherence to project-specific performance standards and monitoring protocols.
- Monitoring data reduction, analysis, and report development. Preference for direct experience in monitoring stream restoration projects.
- Green infrastructure and/or stormwater management design and implementation.
- Water resource-based civil engineering, including stormwater best management practices (BMP) design and implementation.
- Field data collection and sampling techniques, including monitoring well and stream gauge installation, automated data logger operation, data reduction and analysis, and GPS-based sampling.
Strong program/project management, organizational, research and technical writing skills are required. Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus, along with a technical background in the ecological sciences or civil engineering with a focus on aquatic ecosystem restoration and/or water resources. Must be able to work in collaborative team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction on multiple projects concurrently. Must possess the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients. Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must.
Desirable software skills include Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, MS Project, ArcMap and basic AutoCAD. Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 5-10 years experience with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, passion for and devotion to the ecosystem restoration profession.
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: email@example.com.