Friends of Herring Run Parks
March 22, 2017
The Friends of Herring Run Parks (FHRP) The Friends of Herring Run Parks is a community-based nonprofit established in 2007 as a committee of the Herring Run Watershed Association (now Blue Water Baltimore). It originally mobilized more than 300 community members in developing the Baltimore City Master Plan for Herring Run Parks. Our vision is to create a vibrant, restored stream valley park. We sponsor clean-ups, walks, camp-outs, youth employment and more.
The Friends of Herring Run Parks was awarded a grant from the Chesapeake Bay Trust to implement “Keep Herring Run Parks Beautiful,” an outreach and education campaign about litter that is part of a broader “Pick Up, Lift Up Baltimore” effort.
FHRP is seeking one part-time project assistant. The project assistant will provide general administrative support to the project coordinator for the “Keep Herring Run Parks Beautiful” campaign between April 1, 2017 and November 30, 2017.
This job will serve as a good introduction into community organizing and environmental work.
- Provide administrative support to project coordinator including emailing event invitations/notices; posting invitations and notices on park kiosks and bulletin boards; staffing volunteer cleanups; taking photos at clean up events and submitting sign in sheets and photos electronically
- Attend occasional project meetings and community meetings
- Outreach to local business, community and neighborhood associations
- friendly and welcoming
- able to work occasional weekends
- able to perform data entry and be familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- work from home
- available April thru November 2016
- have access to a computer, and cell phone with camera and texting ability
- passion for the environment a plus
- excellent organizational skills good communication skills
- provide own transportation
Salary range: $12.00 an hour with an estimated 10 hours a week
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: Patty Dowd via email: email@example.com
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/alliaoe5/public_html/chesapeakenetwork/wp-content/themes/chesapeakenetwork/single-cn_job.php on line 63