PROJECT ENGINEER – Civil Site Design & Utilities (Full Time)
CityScape Engineering, 3000 Chestnut Ave, Baltimore, MD 21211
$75K +, commensurate with experience
Full benefits & retirement savings package
About CityScape Engineering
CityScape Engineering is a civil engineering firm specializing in green infrastructure planning, environmental site design, stormwater management, erosion & sediment control, sustainable site redevelopment, and regulatory permitting assistance. We believe connection to nature is essential to human well-being. We work to green the urban environment and promote neighborhood revitalization through inspired engineering and design. CityScape is a certified woman-owned MBE/DBE/SBE firm by MDOT and Baltimore City to provide civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape design services.
CityScape Engineering is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to support our environmental restoration and redevelopment projects in neighborhoods throughout the Baltimore Metro area in Maryland. Applicants must have prior experience leading civil site design with urban redevelopment projects, preferably in Baltimore City. Candidates will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet project deadlines. Applicants should have a passion for promoting innovative and equitable urban design solutions for community greening and revitalization projects.
- Prepare engineering designs, CAD drawings, calculations, and technical reports for site plan, water/sanitary utilities, and subdivision projects. Work will involve the preparation of profiles, details, and specifications associated with civil site design.
- Prepare drawings and construction documents using AutoCAD software.
- Provide direction to designers and CAD staff to support the preparation of civil drawings.
- Facilitate the Planning/DOT/Housing regulatory plan review and permitting process, including subdivision, site plan review, developer agreements, and building/grading permits.
- Manage design tasks, schedule, and budgets to meet project deadlines.
- Perform construction oversight and verification of project installations.
- Interact with and provide timely updates to clients, subconsultants, regulatory reviewers, and project stakeholders to coordinate project needs.
- Assist technical and administrative staff with development of new project leads, proposals and budgets.
- Conduct occasional field work with other Team Members in and around Baltimore City to perform site evaluations to take field measurements.
- Attend community meetings (virtual or in-person depending on Covid-19 restrictions) and engage with diverse groups of City residents for project design development. Occasional evening or weekend meetings may be required, with compensation.
- Demonstrate a passion for working in diverse communities on environmentally sensitive, community-driven restoration projects.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum 5-10 years of Site Design and/or Civil Utility Design experience
- Knowledge of Baltimore City, County, or MDE plan review and permitting process
- Knowledge of site engineering, utilities, site grading.
- Knowledge of standard design and construction details for water, sanitary, stormdrain and stormwater infrastructure
- Proficient with AutoCAD design software (Civil 3D preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidates should be adept in problem-solving, have strong computer and mathematical skills, be well organized, display effective communication skills, and have ability to work both independently and within a small team environment
- Interest and ability to develop new client relationships
- Involvement with industry related associations/organizations is encouraged
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid holiday, sick and vacation time
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Professional membership and Continuing Education support
- Flexible work schedule, as needed
Visit https://www.baltimorecityscape.com/job-opportunities.html for more information