The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) invites applications for a Digital Strategist for Web Development position. The successful candidate will work with an established and dynamic team in partnership with Chesapeake Bay Program in Annapolis, Maryland. The Chesapeake Bay Program maintains several websites as a primary method of informing citizens and stakeholders about Chesapeake Bay protection and restoration efforts.
The successful candidate will work as a key member of the Web Team. Typical areas of responsibility for this position will include:
• Project management to monitor progress and communicate status within the web team and to relevant partners;
• Strategic long-term planning for CBP web team to ensure development of useful products with systems in place to maintain and evaluate them regularly;
• Liaise with CBP communications and technical teams to ensure unified messaging for and support mechanisms in place to securely access web products;
• Develop standards for production and distribution of CBP digital products, including auditing existing products;
• Work with CBP staff to define a clear scope for new projects; including identifying user research, web development & design, and web content needs;
• Explore and develop new opportunities for advancing science communication through digital storytelling.
To apply for this position or for more information, please visit: https://umces.peopleadmin.com/postings/1533