This professional position will manage and provide support for Frederick County’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit and General Permits for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Industrial Activity. Supervision is received from the Manager, Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources, Office of the County Executive.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Prepare requests for proposals for engineering services; assist in selection of consultants; present recommendations to the Consultant Selection Committee
- Follow contractual agreements and related documents associated with consultant services; develop and manage consultant task scopes, budgets and schedules
- Review and track progress payments, project costs and design or construction change orders
- Coordinate property rights acquisition with the Land Acquisition Coordinator
- Process applications for various local, State and Federal permits; process and track applications for grant monies
- Conduct the planning, feasibility, scoping, and design phases of stormwater management retrofit and stream restoration projects; assist Division of Public Works during design and construction phase of projects. Manage consultants during maintenance phases of projects; collaborate with PM team on projects
- With consultant support, coordinate activities with NPDES General Permits for Discharges of Stormwater associated with Industrial Activity at eleven County-owned sites, to include maintaining annual online training platform, ensuring site compliance with monthly inspections and other requirements, conducting yearly inspections, and completing updates to Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- With consultant support, coordinate Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE) activities to include responding to citizen calls for discharges and spills; conducting annual Commercial and Industrial Hotspot inspections, resolving violations, and conducting enforcement actions when needed.
- Make on-site inspections of stormwater facilities for compliance with plans, specifications, etc.
- Prepare written materials, to include professional correspondence, memoranda, concurrence packages, correspondence, project reports, courtesy and violation notices, and other written work related to the review of plans and specifications
- Prepare and present information to public officials, citizens and groups; interact with consulting engineers, developers, attorneys and the public. Represent the office in significant interaction with the public
- Perform other related duties as required