The Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) seeks an enthusiastic, detail-orientated scientist for a 2-year term position in its water resources program. The successful candidate will work with staff to implement the Potomac Basin Comprehensive Water Resources Plan and to develop and implement complementary water resources planning efforts at the local and regional scale in the Potomac basin. Examples of specific activities include conducting analyses of basin-wide water demands and consumptive uses; assisting in the development of watershed assessments; spearheading the Potomac water quality data inventory efforts; assisting in preparing winter salt management guidance materials, and coordinating a biannual webinar to support land use decision making for sustainable water resources management in the basin. This is an exciting opportunity to apply technical and participatory skills in a large river basin context.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A PhD, or Master of Science degree and at least 2-3 years of experience, in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated understanding of applied surface water and groundwater resources principles and concepts related to water supply, water quality, source water protection, hydrology, and/or hydrogeology;
- Applied understanding of water resources statistics;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, GIS, and R;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute virtual and in-person meetings of diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate water resources information to technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing; and
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff at ICPRB and at other agencies and organizations.
This is a 2-year term position and includes benefits and opportunities for telework. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Submit an electronic cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 9, 2021. ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to maintain a diverse workforce. ICPRB is located in Rockville, Maryland.