Restoration Coordinator at Nanticoke Watershed Alliance
The Nanticoke Watershed Alliance is in search of a smart, creative, self-driven individual to help our organization grow. The Restoration Coordinator will design and ensure successful implementation of municipal, agricultural, and other large-scale restoration projects in the Nanticoke River watershed.
Upcoming projects consist of:
• Coordinating with state agencies and key watershed constituents to identify, prioritize, and implement stormwater BMPs throughout the Nanticoke River Watershed,
• Working with municipalities to identify and see through to implementation stormwater BMPs,
• Coordinating with agricultural partners to design (engineering will be done separately by contractors) buffers, swale plantings, meadows and other conservation landscaping projects,
• Partnering with farmers and the agricultural industry to promote and implement stormwater and habitat BMPs,
• Working with state and county agencies to implement ditch improvement projects that not only control flooding but improve water quality,
• Co-managing seasonal Green Infrastructure interns, who implement conservation landscape projects and maintain past years projects, and
• Assisting in grant writing for restoration-related funding programs.
• Four-year degree in the environmental field or a relevant subject
• Must be very detail-oriented
• Able to work in a team or independently
• Working knowledge of agricultural & municipal stormwater BMPs and prior experience designing and installing practices
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Strong understanding of native buffers, meadows, and green infrastructure
• Ability to work some evening and weekends for special events
Annual Salary: $45,000
Benefits: In addition to salary, $6,750 will be provided for health care and retirement. Employees have flexible work schedules (full-time, 35 hours/week) and may work remotely three days a week. NWA employees receive 20 vacation days a year, as well as, 10 holidays, and 12 sick days to be used for the employee or their family’s needs.
Be a part of a small nonprofit organization getting ready to sprout and grow! The Nanticoke Watershed Alliance works in Maryland and Delaware in partnership with industries, small business owners, government agencies, environmental groups, land trusts, realtors, academicians, fishermen, restoration groups, farmers, and citizen groups to keep the Nanticoke River on the healthiest rivers entering the Chesapeake Bay. Visit www.NanticokeRiver.org for more information.
To apply please submit your resume and a stormwater BMP design prepared by you by January 15 to Deputy Director, Beth Wasden at BethWasden@NanticokeRiver.org. Please include “Restoration Coordinator” in your subject line.