River Corps Member Requirements
- Must be 18 – 24 years of age
- Must be a District of Columbia resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- Positive attitude, timeliness, responsibility, and reliability
- Willingness to learn and participate via online platforms
- Interest and experience with outdoor work a plus
River Corps Training Program Description
River Corps is a paid green career training opportunity beginning in August, and running until December 2021. River Corps also pays a stipend of $13.50 per hour!
Corps members will be provided training opportunities including OSHA-10, First Aid and CPR, Certified Flagger, Maryland Erosion and Sediment Control Responsible Personnel, photo monitoring of local streams in DC, invasive plant species removal, conservation and sustainability, trash collection, and inspections and maintenance of green infrastructure.
River Corps will provide approximately 24 to 27 hours a week of paid certification courses and green career training experiences along with hands-on outdoor experience.
We welcome applications on a rolling basis. Any interested individuals are encouraged to apply early as the number of Corps member positions are limited.
Those interested in applying can fill out our application online or email a completed application (attached) to email@example.com . Please reach out with any questions by email or phone at (202) 680-8869.