General Job Description: The Foreman/Assistant Foreman will coordinate with the installation manager and landscape designer to install RiverSmart Homes gardens on residential properties. The Foreman is expected to take leadership and responsibility of the project. The Foreman/Assistant Foreman will also be expected to lead occasional projects from start to finish without the manager on site. They will be responsible for beginning and end of day tasks.
There is also work outside of the RiverSmart Homes Program such as: patio installation, garden maintenance, fine garden installation, commercial installation.
Help improve water quality challenges facing the Chesapeake Bay by impacting the District watershed, planting native plants, encouraging pollinators, learning about our green industry and helping clean up the environment.
Serve as a steward to those clients unfamiliar with the benefits of rain gardens and bayscapes, when lead foreman and designer are not present. Work with a Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional.
We contract with The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay and the District Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) to install Rain Gardens and Bayscapes under the Riversmart Homes Program. These stormwater projects are designed and installed according to the DOEE requirements on residential properties that qualify for grants and rebate programs. As the assistant foreman you will have to operate within DOEE, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, and Casey & Company guidelines.
Applicants will be evaluated based on qualifications and the person with the most qualifications will be offered the job.
- Identify utility markings and adhere to safe digging regulations
- Light administrative work (hours tracking and reporting, inventorying materials)
- Internal and external communication around project needs and timelines
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe job site
- Read and follow scale drawings and cross-section designs
- Safely load and unload work vehicles
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exceptional client service
- Track and be responsible for personal hours, mileage, etc.
- Be able to identify soil types and accurately assess amendments
- Perform perc tests and talk a client through the process of performing one
Qualifications that improve chance of consideration:
- Landscape experience
- Knowledge of native plants (retail and non-retail)
- Demonstrates leadership and responsibility
- Ability to lift heavy (50+ lbs) objects repeatedly
- Ability to perform frequent high-intensity manual tasks including pushing, pulling, and lifting various equipment and materials
- Ability to work on their feet for the entire work day
- Flexibility in schedule to allot for occasional late (9 hour) day based on project needs
- Knowledge of landscaping equipment safety procedures
- MUST have Valid US driver’s license
- Smartphone with data (preferred)
- Experience driving large trucks is a plus
- Organized and efficient worker
We are a growing company and we currently work from a home office. You must be comfortable with a casual office environment, including a cat. Casey & Company is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We embrace a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Come join us. We’re hiring now!