Please Note: This position is a part time, contingent position. Applicants must be available to work approximately 20 hours weekly, Tuesday – Fridays. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the development and implementation of early childhood programming in coordination with the Robinson Nature Center (RNC) Director, RNC Program Manager, and RNC Early Childhood Programs Coordinator. Encourage children’s awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the environment while fostering empathy and kindness towards others.
DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Facilitates and develops early childhood environmental education programs including:
– Field trips for preschoolers and early childhood
– Public programs and camps for young children and their parents
– Outdoor preschool programs, “drop-off” programs and camps for preschoolers
– Robinson on the Road experiences for preschoolers
– Program options for home daycare providers that don’t meet minimum field trip/Robinson on the Road numbers
– Activity kids and resource packets
• Implements hands-on sensory experiences, and skill building in all areas of child development.
• Works with the Early Childhood Program Coordinator to develop policies and procedures, review existing early childhood programs, develop educational materials, and create guide descriptions for new programs.
• Assists with the development and facilitation of early childhood education workshops.
• Assists in the development of community outreach materials for the general public.
• Attends meetings, conferences and workshops pertinent to the management, preservation and educational potential of the nature center.
• Performs clerical duties associated with the administration of the early childhood environmental education program.
• Researches existing early childhood nature programming and liaises with external entities.
• Assists the Nature Center Director, Program Manager, and Nature Center Early Childhood Programs Coordinator with other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and follow written instructions, and work independently
• Operate a motor vehicle safely; capable of using a two- way radio
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
• Be trained in the use of the AED, CPR, and First Aid
• Must possess a valid Maryland Class C driver’s license
• Early Childhood Education Certification Preferred
Bachelors Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Wildlife Management, Environmental Education or other related field preferred. Working knowledge of biological and ecological principles and two years of practical experience. Experience developing and leading environmental education programs preschool aged children. Experience identifying plants, animals, insects, reptiles and amphibians, and the ability to measure habitat variables. Ability to use various computer software programs such as Word, Excel, Access, etc. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before public groups or employees of organization.
RATE $17-$20.00 per hour