Overview: The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and advance effective fundraising programs and activities that assist in garnering the resources to advance our mission. This is a key position which plans, coordinates, and assures implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the organization. The position will be responsible for overseeing all fundraising activities for Rock Creek Conservancy including events, direct mail, foundation and government grants, major donors, and corporate support.
- Support short- and long-term strategic fundraising planning and philanthropic positioning to rapidly grow philanthropic support
- Lead implementation of the Conservancy’s fundraising efforts, with a strong emphasis on individual giving
- Manage the fundraising database and oversee staff responsible for data entry, gift processing, producing acknowledgements, tracking Gala information, and producing renewal and membership mailings
- Support strategic development and oversee implementation of communications
- Guide fundraising events, including the annual Rock Creek Gala