Senior Water Resources Planner
ICPRB seeks a Senior Water Resources Planner to assist with challenging projects in ICPRB’s water resources section. The position offers exciting opportunities to apply diverse skills in a large river basin context. The employee will be responsible for coordinating the Potomac River Drinking Water Source Protection Partnership (DWSPP) and implementing parts of the Potomac Basin Comprehensive Water Resources Plan. The employee will participate in ICPRB CO-OP activities and other water resources projects that include water demand and supply forecasting, TMDL development and implementation planning, and scientific research.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of applied water resources principles and concepts related to water supply, water quality, source water protection, and/or hydrology;
- Ability to effectively engage and coordinate large groups of diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing;
- Proficiency with GIS and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access;
- Commitment to environmental stewardship and collaborative management of resources; and
- Master’s degree or higher in environmental planning, a physical science, engineering, or a closely related field and five years of relevant experience.
Compensation commensurate with experience. ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Rockville, Maryland. Learn more at www.PotomacRiver.org.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM EST on April 3, 2020.