Position Announcement: Executive Director
The Wicomico Environmental Trust (WET), a nonprofit organization committed to protecting the environment in Wicomico County and the Chesapeake Bay watershed, seeks a full-time Executive Director.
WET advocates for wise environmental stewardship by working with allied organizations, governmental agencies, and businesses to address issues of water and air pollution, appropriate land-use planning, and enactment and enforcement of legislation and regulations promoting protection and improvement of the environment in Wicomico County.
The Executive Director will manage the day-to-day operations of the organization; work closely with the board and volunteer committees; perform light bookkeeping; oversee planning and organization of special events;coordinate fund raising through foundation grants and individual solicitations; and act as WET’s spokesperson.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in many of the following areas:
- Commitment to protecting and improving the environmental health of the Lower Eastern Shore and the Chesapeake Bay watershed
- Working knowledge of environmental issues confronting the Chesapeake region
- High energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and ability to inspire and motivate other people
- Experience in writing grants.
- Experience in managing public or nonprofit organizations
- Successful track record in foundation, corporate, and individual fundraising
- Strong verbal skills and ability to communicate effectively with board members, volunteers, community groups, businesses, public officials, program partners, educators, local media, donors and potential donors, and a wide range of other audiences
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and speaking
- Skill in building and maintaining constructive interpersonal and interorganizational relationships
- Experience working with federal, state, and local agencies and officialsTo apply: Please email your cover letter, résumé, and three to five references to Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 2/17/2020
The Wicomico Environmental Trust is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all those interested to apply.