Position Opening: Communications Assistant (Part-time)
Who we are: Founded in 1988, Scenic Rivers Land Trust is a private 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to protecting the natural and scenic lands within Anne Arundel County, mainly using permanent conservation easements. Staff consists of Rick Leader, Executive Director, and Sarah Knebel, Conservation Director. So far, SRLT has acquired 65 conservation easements, covering 2,784 acres. Soon, we expect to reach the 3,000-acre mark!
Need: Energetic self-starter to help make sure outreach and communications are staying top notch as Scenic Rivers increases brand awareness, particularly with national accreditation completion around the corner. Looking for excellent writing/communications skills and comfort with using technology and multiple software systems.
- Timeframe: 6-month position, can be extended in 6-month intervals
- Compensation: $12-17 per hour, depending on experience
- Hours per week: 16
- Office Location: Annapolis, MD. Must be able to come into the office for 75% of work time.
- Assist Conservation Director in carrying out Outreach Plan for the year
- Manage social media posts, Google Adwords, website updates, etc.
- Write regular email blasts to 900+ contacts on SRLT listserv
- Assist writing event descriptions and ensuring they are on all appropriate event boards
- Be an integral part of planning for SRLT’s 30th anniversary celebration
- Be an integral part of website redesign
- Create case study and testimonial content for organization
- Create mailers to conservation easement landowners, donors, and potential conservation easement landowners
- Record all donations, event participation, and contact updates within Salesforce database
- Improve organizational photo management
- Manage Constant Contact’s contact information
- Assist in writing small grants
- 3 years of college or communications experience
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Fairly independent, can work well in a small team setting
- Can use Excel, Word, Google Drive, willing to learn a database system
- Extra points for familiarity with Salesforce
- Grant writing experience a plus
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Knebel at Sarah@SRLT.org. Position open until filled (Posted 12/14/2018).