CityScape Engineering is seeking an Experienced Civil Engineer to support our environmental restoration and green infrastructure projects in neighborhoods throughout Baltimore City, Maryland. Applicants should have a passion for promoting innovative and equitable urban design solutions for community greening and revitalization projects. Applicants must have prior experience with stormwater, erosion and sediment control, and site utility design associated with urban redevelopment projects, preferably in Baltimore City. Candidates should be adept in problem-solving, have strong computer and mathematical skills, be well organized, display effective communication skills, and have ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Candidates will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet project deadlines. This is a flexible part-time to full-time position depending on candidate experience and availability.
- Oversee production of plan sets and project specifications for civil engineering and site development projects involving stormwater, utility, and erosion & sediment control design
- Provide direction to designers and CAD staff for preparation of civil drawings
- Support the preparation of drawings and construction documents using AutoCAD software
- Facilitate the regulatory plan review and permitting process, including subdivision, site plan review, developer agreements, and stormwater/grading.
- Manage design tasks, schedule, and budgets to meet project deadlines.
- Assist Admin staff in development of new project proposals and budgets.
- Conduct occasional field work with other Team Members in and around Baltimore City to perform site evaluations to take field measurements
- Attend community meetings online (or in-person, given relaxed Covid-19 restrictions) and engage with diverse groups of City residents to develop project ideas. Occasional evening or weekend meetings may be required, with compensation.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 7-10 years of recent design experience in the A/E field
- Knowledge of Baltimore City, County, or MDE plan review and permitting process
- Knowledge of standard design and construction details for water, sanitary and stormdrain infrastructure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Proficiency with AutoCAD design software
- Interest and ability to develop new client relationships
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid holiday, sick and vacation time
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Professional membership and Continuing Education support
- Flexible work schedule, as needed
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. CityScape is an equal opportunity employer.
About CityScape Engineering
CityScape Engineering is a civil engineering firm specializing in green infrastructure planning, environmental site design, stormwater management, erosion & sediment control, sustainable site redevelopment, native landscape design, and regulatory permitting assistance. Our connection to nature is essential to human well-being. Thus, we work to green the urban environment and promote neighborhood revitalization through inspired engineering and design. CityScape is proud to call Baltimore City home, and we are a certified woman-owned MBE/DBE/SBE firm by MDOT and Baltimore City to provide civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape design services.