Title: Senior Watershed Programs Manager
Location: Hybrid: at least one day a week in Bethesda office is required; this role also will require regular time at project sites throughout Rock Creek Park and other regional locations
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Overview: Rock Creek Conservancy works to improve the health of the Rock Creek watershed by advocating for policies and programs to reduce effective impervious surface, managing a range of programs to increase adoption of or to maintain green infrastructure, and engaging community members in activities throughout the Rock Creek watershed.
The Conservancy seeks a skilled manager to lead a diverse team on a variety of watershed projects and programs:
- Implement annual Rock Creek Extreme Cleanup
- Recruit, train, manage, and grow dozens of volunteer Stream Team Leaders to lead litter cleanups and encourage stormwater reduction
- Support and grow community science efforts to understand and track the health of the Rock Creek watershed
- Implement green infrastructure maintenance efforts as part of a District-wide partnership
- Implement the Downspout Disconnection program
- Lead organizational efforts to improve policies regarding stormwater in DC and Montgomery County, including participation in the Stormwater Partners Network
- Identify and build new programs and initiatives, including supporting related fundraising efforts.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in resource management or environmental programs, particularly related to urban watersheds
- Familiarity with DC-area watershed issues and opportunities
- Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking, and prioritization with demonstrated success managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience managing salaried and hourly staff
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel throughout the Rock Creek watershed for programs and to work occasional evenings and weekends
To Apply Rock Creek Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position and your name in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after October 1. Rock Creek Conservancy offers a competitive benefits package; salary range for this position is $65,000 – $85,000.
About Rock Creek Conservancy: Rock Creek Conservancy is a watershed organization protecting Rock Creek and the philanthropic and stewardship partner to the entirety of Rock Creek (National) Park. The Conservancy’s mission is to restore Rock Creek and its parklands as a natural oasis for all people to appreciate and protect.