Primary Role and Functions:
The Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is seeking a full-time Shell Collection and Delivery Technician to support the organization’s Shell Recycling Alliance (SRA). Each year millions of oyster shells are lost to landfills in the Mid-Atlantic region. SRA works with restaurants, local municipalities, and a diverse range of partners to provide simple solutions to recycling oyster shells for restoration of Chesapeake Bay oyster populations. Major responsibilities include daily collection and delivery of recycled oyster shells from around the Baltimore/Washington DC metro area, driving stake body trucks to transport shell, compiling and managing shell collection data, and interacting with the public.
Location: The position will be based in Annapolis, MD.
Job Duties: At a minimum this position will support the following programmatic activities:
- Manage daily collection of oyster shells for the Shell Recycling Alliance (SRA):
- Weekly trips to collect oyster and clam shell containers at metro region restaurants. Must be able to drive medium duty, Class 305, non CDL trucks.
- Interact with restaurant and other partner personnel.
- Communicate with hatchery staff to transport live oysters as part of the Marylanders Grow Oysters program (MGO).
- Maintain basic truck operations (fueling, checking fluid levels, applying lubricants, inspecting/reporting operational condition daily).
- Valid driver’s license; CDL license a plus
- Participation in ORP drug testing program
- Ability to provide evidence of clean driving record
- Experience interacting and communicating with diverse groups
- Ability to work independently and manage and schedule multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate schedules and progress
- Knowledge and understanding of job safety practices
- Ability to cope in physically demanding work environment on a daily basis
- Able to lift or move objects up to 60 pounds, climb into and out of vehicles 4’ high and travel over uneven terrain such as; Mud, Gravel, Sand, Rocks, Ice & Snow
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Detect and react to warning signals at work sites (full visual and hearing)
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite Software (Access Database a plus)
- Completion or partial completion of post-secondary education; biology, environmental sciences, or logistics studies a plus
Position Status and Benefits:
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. Travel in vehicles within MD and neighboring states is required for this position.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to: Tommy Price, email@example.com
No phone calls please.