AMM’s summer internship program offers program offers great experience for college students interested in sailing, hospitality, education, and recreation. Interns will receive hands-on training and experience with the fundamentals of sailing best practices, safety, and hospitality.
Interns will earn $12/ hour (plus any tips received) paid weekly and should expect to work approximately 40-hours/week.
- Currently enrolled in college or recent college graduate
- Strong experience in sailing, and interest in environmental education
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, overall positive attitude, and willingness to work outside in summer conditions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and adults
- Available to work a variable schedule including early evenings and most weekends & holidays
- Entered into the USCG required drug screening consortium for all Wilma Lee crew members
- Arrive 1 hour prior to all tours/charters in order to prepare vessel for passenger arrivals
- Stay 1 hour after all passengers have disembarked in order to clean vessel
- Assist in hoisting sails, docking & guest interactions
- Assist in the safe operation of the skipjack in order to ensure passenger safety
- Support docents in their efforts of nature exploration, games, and other recreation activities
- Respond appropriately to any medical issues and emergencies with first-aid or CPR. First-aid and CPR training available, if not already certified
- Approximately 1/3 of the scheduled time will assist with scheduled maintenance: cleaning, waxing, painting, repairs, etc.
- Assist in all aspects of the skipjack’s operation
- Create electronic portfolio showcasing internship experience
- First week typically M-F from 9-5pm for training & learning the about the ship
- Typical week** for the ship: Mon & Thur. 2-6. Tues 11:30 – 6. Wed 2-8:30. Fri/Sat/Sun 2-9:15
- CPR/First-aid training 3-hour class. Mandatory, unless currently certified
To apply, please send your resume to the Skipjack’s Captain, Rick Flamand, at email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and selected applicants will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview.
** Intern will not work all 7 days and will not exceed 40 hours. Important to understand we are in hospitality industry and need to work holidays and when others are off (evenings & weekends).
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park’s mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events.