STILL HIRING AS OF JUNE 2, 2020: Skipjack Summer Internship- Annapolis Maritime Museum
Annapolis Maritime Museum
July 1, 2020
AMM’s summer internship program offers program offers great experience for college students interested in sailing, hospitality, education, and recreation. Interns will receive hands-on training and experience with the fundamentals of sailing best practices, safety, and hospitality.
Interns will earn $12/ hour (plus any tips received) paid weekly and should expect to work approximately 40-hours/week.
- Currently enrolled in college or recent college graduate
- Strong experience in sailing, and interest in environmental education
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, overall positive attitude, and willingness to work outside in summer conditions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and adults
- Available to work a variable schedule including early evenings and most weekends & holidays
- Entered into the USCG required drug screening consortium for all Wilma Lee crew members
- Arrive 1 hour prior to all tours/charters in order to prepare vessel for passenger arrivals
- Stay 1 hour after all passengers have disembarked in order to clean vessel
- Assist in hoisting sails, docking & guest interactions
- Assist in the safe operation of the skipjack in order to ensure passenger safety
- Support docents in their efforts of nature exploration, games, and other recreation activities
- Respond appropriately to any medical issues and emergencies with first-aid or CPR. First-aid and CPR training available, if not already certified
- Approximately 1/3 of the scheduled time will assist with scheduled maintenance: cleaning, waxing, painting, repairs, etc.
- Assist in all aspects of the skipjack’s operation
- Create electronic portfolio showcasing internship experience
- First week typically M-F from 9-5pm for training & learning the about the ship
- Typical week** for the ship: Mon & Thur. 2-6. Tues 11:30 – 6. Wed 2-8:30. Fri/Sat/Sun 2-9:15
- CPR/First-aid training 3-hour class. Mandatory, unless currently certified
To apply, please send your resume to the Skipjack’s Captain, Rick Flamand, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and selected applicants will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview.
** Intern will not work all 7 days and will not exceed 40 hours. Important to understand we are in hospitality industry and need to work holidays and when others are off (evenings & weekends).
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park’s mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events.