The Society of Environmental Journalists is looking for people who are qualified and interested to serve as Executive Director of this robust organization. Please review the memo from SEJ President Bobby Magill linked here, and share with others you know who may be interested to apply or can help SEJ connect with great candidates.
Credible and robust journalism that informs and engages society on environmental issues.
The mission of the Society of Environmental Journalists is to strengthen the quality, reach and viability of journalism across all media to advance public understanding of environmental issues.
SEJ provides critical support to journalists of all media in their efforts to cover complex issues of the environment responsibly. SEJ addresses its mission and vision through effective programs designed by and for journalists who produce environmental coverage. Benefits and opportunities of programs and membership will be extended to journalists on varied beats, to students and all those who will be expanding and defining the field in years to come. SEJ is constantly developing new initiatives to:
- educate on emerging issues and beat basics;
- protect freedom of information on environment-related issues;
- build bridges between scientists and journalists;
- foster peer communication and networks of credible sources;
- provide recognition of excellence and support for media projects; and
- provide vision and leadership for the field through creative projects and strategic partnerships.