South River Federation
2822 Solomons Island Rd.
Edgewater, MD 21037
The Office Administrator is a full-time position that supports all office functions and is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures for the South River Federation. The Officer Administrator works in close cooperation with program staff to coordinate outreach and communication activities including fundraising efforts.
This position requires interaction with a wide variety of people and organizations. The ideal candidate will be energetic and reliable with a pleasant disposition and sincere desire to help achieve efficient organizational operations. The Office Administrator must be able to operate in a highly independent fashion setting his/her own work priorities to meet responsibilities and deadlines. The position will require occasional work in the evenings and on weekends. The position reports to the Executive Director and provides administrative support to staff, board, committees, volunteers, donors, as necessary.
• Office reception: answer calls, greet visitors, disseminate messages, and coordinate communication between staff.
• Data entry: post transactions for donations, grants and events; maintain consistent, accurate, and clean data. Generate reports and information.
• General office duties: mail handling, copying, process reports, etc.
• Assist staff with general administrative tasks.
• Maintain and organize files, records and photos in office and storage unit
• Process mail and distribute to staff
• Coordinate property maintenance issues with landlord
• Order office supplies
• Coordinate staff, board and committee meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Events and Communications
• Support planning, coordination, of implementation of mailings, events and communication in cooperation with staff.
• Prepare and distribute invitations, event tickets, and correspondence as needed.
• Assist in creating and distribution of monthly emails and other communications to supporters and volunteers
• Assist in preparation and mailing of newsletters, annual reports, brochures and other print/electronic publications.
• Assist with updating and maintaining website content to promote programmatic and organizational activities.
• Assist with managing social media sites
• Support planning, coordination, and implementation of donor cultivation events.
• Prepare acknowledgement letters.
• Assist training volunteers and interns.
o Excellent organizational skills and stellar attention to detail
o Have solid editing and proofreading skills
o Ability to self-manage time and assignments. Capable of working under pressure and juggling multiple tasks
o Minimum 3 years experience in office administration
o Associate degree required, Bachelors degree preferred
o Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, donor database software, and experience with QuickBooks.
o Solid verbal and written communication skills, including preparing personal written correspondence, typing, editing, proofing and phone etiquette.
o Commitment to South River Federation mission, values and issues, and a passion for the diversity and health of river and watershed ecosystems and the various natural and human activities that depend on them
The position includes a competitive, non-profit salary commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include generous vacation and holiday leave, health care including dental, life insurance, and matching contribution to retirement savings account.
The South River is a tidal river located south of Annapolis, Maryland. It is home to many Bay species such as submerged aquatic vegetation, striped bass, great blue herons, osprey, oysters, and blue crabs. The surrounding area is undergoing increasing urban and suburban development and the river is threatened by excess nutrients, sediment runoff, chemical contaminants, and loss of habitat.
The South River Federation is a non-profit conservation and advocacy organization dedicated to protecting, restoring, preserving, and celebrating the South River and its ecosystem. The Federation has a staff of 9 including a full time Waterkeeper, and is a member of the WATERKEEPER® Alliance. Additional information is available on the website: www.southriverfederation.net.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the office with inquiries. Position is open until filled.
SOUTH RIVER FEDERATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
See http://www.southriverfederation.net/ for more information.