Chesapeake BaySavers Spring Internship
POSITION: Spring Internship with Chesapeake BaySavers in Annapolis, MD
TERM: Position available from February 2018 to May 2018
HOURS: Part-Time, full-time, or based on internship guidelines with university
CREDIT: Academic credit possible, depending on your university’s policy
PAY: This is an unpaid internship, compensation for travel and other expenses may be reimbursed.
DEADLINE: February 1, 2018
The Chesapeake BaySavers is an Annapolis-based environmental nonprofit group with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay for generations to come through legislation, environmental education, community outreach, and hands-on restoration work.
In order to accomplish our mission, Chesapeake BaySavers is made up of two separate entities that each play a vital role:
- Chesapeake BaySavers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay through education, community outreach and hands-on environmental work.
- Chesapeake BaySavers, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve, protect and promote the health of the Chesapeake Bay through legislative efforts, with a focus on legislation that affects oysters.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, passionate individual to join our team.
As an intern with the Chesapeake BaySavers you will:
- Assist in the preparing, coordinating and facilitating educational programs, fundraising events, clean-ups & other
- Assist in conducting our weekly water monitoring
- Assist in grant research and writing
- Assist in the planning of our 2019 legislative work
- Assist in daily tasks that come with running a nonprofit – this includes but is not limited to phone calls, email responses, social media outreach, website design, etc.
Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in environmental education, environmental science, environmental policy, or other related field. A combination of hands-on outdoor experience and background education is a plus. Candidate MUST be available at least three days a week, all day and on some weekends. The assistant must be comfortable lifting at least 40lbs. In addition, candidate should be familiar with environmental issues and problems facing the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, and be able to work with the general public and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume no later than February 1, 2018.
Subject: Spring 2018 Internship