The Maryland Environmental Trust (MET) is one of the nation’s oldest and most successful land trusts, conserving more than 130,000 acres of open space land from development, through just over 1,100 permanent agreements (conservation easements). MET is recruiting a Stewardship Intern position to:
- Assist with ArcGIS mapping of conserved properties and preparing materials for use by volunteers and staff
- Assist with organizing easement files and slide images, preparing documents and slides for scanning, doing the scanning, and filing the scans in electronic system
- Accompany staff in visiting conserved properties, documenting current land use, and writing up and filing results, both electronically and in paper form
- Assist with processing reports from volunteers and other cooperators and entering them into MET database, as well as scanning and filing paper copies
- Assist with outreach to new landowners, informing them about the conserved property they have purchased, their conservation easement, and MET.
Knowledge, Interests and Skills needed: College coursework or experience in Environmental Studies, Ecology, Geography, Land Use Planning, Library Sciences or related fields. Familiarity with personal computers and Microsoft Office software suite. Database and ArcGIS experience a plus, as well as digital photography. Experience interacting with the public a plus. Must be physically able to walk over potentially rough ground. Position is based in Crownsville, MD. The length of service will be 8-10 weeks, minimum 20 hr/week. Interested candidates should contact email@example.com