Application Deadline: Open until filled.
To apply: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time. Click here to view the full position details and to apply online!
The Stormwater Utility Administrator performs complex professional tasks associated with the management and prioritization of the Stormwater Utility and implementation of the Water Resources Master Plan and associated capital projects. Serves a primary role in the coordination, development, and delivery of the Stormwater Utility core program components. Directs financial aspects of the Stormwater Utility.
The preferred hiring amount for this position is between $86,081.78 – $105,428.00 Annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position which provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym membership reimbursement (up to $34 a month), tuition reimbursement (up to $3,000 per fiscal year), and continuing education/training opportunities.
- For a general summary of benefits offered by the City, please visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/1047/Employee-Benefits.
- The City of Charlottesville manages its own retirement system and does not participate in VRS; however, the City has a Portability Agreement with VRS and there are certain provisions that must be met. If questions pertaining to the Portability Agreement, please contact the City’s Benefits Administrator at 434-970-3462.
This position provides customer service to Stormwater Utility ratepayers and coordinates complaint response, tracking, and communication. Directs and coordinates with staff regarding City stormwater systems operations and maintenance, as well as Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) and Total Daily Maximum Load (TMDL) compliance efforts. Works closely and in coordination with technical staff, operational staff, and other departments that have stormwater responsibilities. Reports to the Director of Utilities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in stormwater program management or other related public water resource protection field.
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s license required and must meet the City’s driving eligibility requirements. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166);
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.