Summer 2024 – Environmental Education Internship
Our summer internship program offers great experience for college students interested in the following fields of study: education, environmental studies, science, communication, or outdoor recreation. Interns will receive hands-on training and experience with the fundamentals of environmental education best practices, lesson plan creation, and program facilitation. Interns will facilitate programs for summer camp and visiting groups. Interns will earn an hourly rate of $13.25/hour paid out in weekly increments (up to $530/week) over the course of the up to 10-week internship. Interns must be available to work at least 6 weeks over the summer, between June 24th and August 23rd, in addition to staff training prior to camp opening.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park’s mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events. We accomplish this mission by bringing visitors to our two unique waterfront locations overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Our campuses, nestled in the heart of Annapolis, serve as a window to Chesapeake Bay ecology and maritime culture. During the summer, AMM runs a popular 9-week summer camp program for over 500 local youth and provides field trip experiences for visiting groups. Our summer programming has students exploring life around the Bay and maritime heritage through the lens of environmental science, social studies, art, and recreation. For more information, please click here.
- Supervise group of up to 18 campers with a team of 2-3 counselors
- Plan and lead at least one environmental education lesson weekly
- Organize and lead nature exploration, games, and other recreation activities
- Assist and supervise campers while kayaking – Training is provided
- Respond appropriately to any medical issues and emergencies with first-aid or CPR
- Training available, if not already certified
- Assist with aquarium and animal care
- Create electronic portfolio showcasing internship experience
- Currently enrolled in college or recent college graduate
- Strong interest in teaching and environmental education
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, overall positive attitude, and willingness to work outside in summer conditions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and adults
- Preferred – teaching experience and/or environmental studies background
- Must obtain background checks
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to the Summer Camp Director at email@example.com with your first and last name and “EE College Summer Intern” in the subject line.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.