Summer Camp Counselors gain the opportunity for personal and professional growth by joining our Camp team. The Camp staff team plans, prepares and runs environmental education lessons, as well as planning for free play, arts and outdoor games.
- Attend a mandatory week-long professional training (Date TBD: either June 7-11 OR June 14-18).
- Work with other counselors to plan and schedule Camp lessons.
- Follow approved lesson plans to implement quality activities for Campers.
- Manage day to day safety, wellness and behaviors. Implement behavior management strategies.
- Be an upbeat, energetic, focused member of the staff team.
- Daily positive interaction with parents; addressing concerns with Directors as needed.
- Assist with after care as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of camp supplies and facilities.
- At least one year of college completed
- Work experience with young children, preferably in a Camp setting
- Good communication skills, dependability, team mentality, and leadership abilities
- Valid Driver’s License, own transportation
- CPR & First Aid Training
Counselor work dates: June 21 – August 20, 2021. Option to extend to August 27, 2021.
Counselor hours: Average day – 8:30 – 4:00, Monday – Friday. Before Care (8:00-8:45 am) duties split between counselors. After Care (3:45-5:30 pm) may be offered depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
To apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to Kylie Watson at email@example.com