Summer Camp Interns at the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park
Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park
April 1, 2021
The Education Center at the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park seeks four summer interns to assist in our popular summer camp program. The Summer Camp Intern position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about leading youth, possess a love for the outdoors, and have prior summer camp experience. Successful interns will be energetic, motivated, responsible, and ready to have fun! Interns earn a stipend of $2000, dispersed twice during the summer. Interns work 10 weeks of the summer with additional days of intern training the week of June 14-18th.
- Currently enrolled in college or recent college graduate
- Strong interest in teaching and environmental education
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, overall positive attitude, and willingness to work outside in summer conditions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and adults
- Available to work at least 10 weeks over the summer
- Preferred – teaching experience and/or environmental studies background
- Supervise group of up to 18 campers with a team of 1 lead teacher and 1-2 counselors in training (CIT)
- Plan and lead at least one environmental education lesson weekly
- Organize and lead nature exploration, games, and other recreation activities
- Assist and supervise campers while kayaking.
- Observe environmental education programs led by teachers and Camp Director and assist
- Respond appropriately to any medical issues and emergencies with first-aid or CPR. First-aid and CPR training available, if not already certified
- Assist with aquarium and animal care
- Attend professional development “shadowing” experiences
- Create electronic portfolio showcasing internship experience
- June 14 – June 18: Intern training
- June 21 – September 3: Weekly day camp sessions, M-F, typically 8:15-4:15 PM, with occasional before care 7:45-9 AM or aftercare 3:30-5:45 responsibilities. Interns work 10 weeks during this time frame.
- CPR/First-aid training – Date TBD. 3-hour class. Mandatory, unless currently certified.
Contact: To apply, please send your resume and one letter of recommendation to Sarah Krizek email@example.com.