AMM seeks contractual Lead Educators for its Summer Camp. This position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about
educating youth, possess a love for the outdoors, and have prior summer camp or environmental education experience.
AMM Summer Camp runs from June 26th through August 25th. Contractors have the flexibility to choose the weeks they are
available! Lead Educators will work 40 hours a week, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, M-F. Compensation for this position is $20/hour.
AMM’s mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the
Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events. We accomplish this mission through an engaging suite
of hands-on programming and by bringing visitors to our two unique waterfront locations overlooking the Chesapeake Bay.
Our campuses, nestled in the heart of Annapolis, serve as a window to Chesapeake Bay ecology and maritime culture. During
the summer, AMM runs a popular 9-week summer camp program for over 400 local youth and provides field trip experiences
for visiting groups. Our summer programming has students exploring life around the Bay and maritime heritage through the
lens of environmental science, social studies, art, and recreation. For more information, please visit:
Lead Educator Responsibilities
• Supervise and lead a group of up to 18 campers (K-9) through daily activities including environmental education
programming, outdoor exploration, games, crafts, kayaking, etc.
• Ensure children’s safety, manage behavior, and act as a role model and mentor
• Create comprehensive lesson plans for week-long summer camp session and/or aftercare
• Manage all aspects of AMM’s day camps including daily setup, clean up, and management of materials
• Ensure the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter
• Communicate with Education Center Staff regarding concerns, challenges, and camper experiences
• Communicate proactively with and respectfully manage interns and volunteers
• Assist and supervise campers while kayaking
• Maintain accurate program records including health logs and daily attendance
• Learn, understand, and implement camp emergency policies
Skills and Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience working with children
• Prior lesson planning experience
• Strong organizational, group, and time management skills
• Highly adaptable and able to problem solve
• Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, overall positive attitude, and willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
• Physical ability to lift and carry heavy objects, at least 50 pounds (kayaks and other equipment)
• CPR/First Aid Certification required – Training available, if not already certified
• Must obtain background checks
To apply, please send your resume, weeks of availability, and letter of interest to the Summer Camp Director at
email@example.com with your first and last name and “Summer Camp Lead Educator” in the subject line.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance
with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.