Interested in a challenging, rewarding, and flexible job outdoors this summer? Do you enjoy working with children of all ages exploring wild places, doing “hands on” environmental education, and having great outdoor camp adventures? Then this could be the job for you!
About Our Camp
Nature Forward (formerly Audubon Naturalist Society) seeks highly motivated and creative individuals for the 2023 Camp Woodend season. This summer, Camp Woodend will offer day programs for children ages 5-17. Camp is based at our 40-acre nature sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD. Nature Forward provides a dynamic work environment with friendly, creative, and knowledgeable staff. Take a look at our camp catalog at https://natureforward.org/program/summer-camps/ to see what we are all about.
General Schedule and Position Descriptions
Educators develop and lead outdoor nature and science camp programs for 16 campers and supervise college-age interns and high school volunteers. Positions are available from 1 to 4 weeks from June 20th – August 18th. Pay rage from $760-$800 per week for a typical week from 8:15am- 4:15pm. Some camps may include an overnight for an additional stipend.
- B.A/B.S in science or education
- Experience working with children
- Basic knowledge of natural history
- Must enjoy working outside
- Past camp experience a plusHow to ApplyE-mail cover letter and resume (with references) to Denis Perez, Youth Programs Director, Denis.Perez@natureforward.org. Interviews and hiring process will begin as resumes are received and will continue until the positions are filled. For questions, email Denis.Perez@naturefoward.org.
Employment contingent upon successful FBI and state background check. Nature Forward is an equal opportunity employer.